Accessing databases from mobile devices:
Databases from EBSCO such as Academic Search Complete, HealthSource/Nursing, NewsSource, + many others, on the EBSCOhost platform:
- EBSCOhost automatically displays a mobile-optimized version of the site when you access their site using a smartphone or other device. The mobile interface allows you to search and read results and gives full access to search options and MyEBSCOhost folder items.
- Switch between the mobile-optimized site and a more fully-featured site by using a free app for your iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) and Android devices. The EBSCOhost app is available for download from the iTunes app store as well as Google Play.
- After downloading the EBSCOhost app, it must be authenticated from within an EBSCOhost profile.
- To authenticate the EBSCOhost app within an EBSCOhost profile:
- Click the EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link at the bottom of the database page, any screen, and enter your email address. An email with an authentication key is sent to you.
- Access the email from your device and click the link found in the email to authenticate the application.
- You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
- Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for nine months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the EBSCOhost interface. The app is authenticated to the profile from which you emailed yourself the authentication key. To access a different profile from the app, click the EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link from within the new profile and complete the authentication steps.
Library of Congress
World Cat Mobile - http://www.worldcat.org/mobile/