Databases by Name P-Z
- Log in to databases using your LSCO username/password when off-campus. It will be the same user name and password that you use to log in to the on-campus computers (firstname.lastname@example.org/password). Databases with the globe icon are freely available on the Web, no login required.
- Database articles in PDF format require Acrobat Reader software, a free download.
- Click the tutorial button for how-to videos on using the databases.
- Play Index (Ebsco) Index of sources for plays and drama critiques.
- Portal to Texas HistoryThe Portal is a gateway to Texas history materials (a great place to find Orange Texas history). You can explore unique collections from Texas libraries, museums, archives, historical societies, genealogical societies, and private family collections.
- Professional Development Collection (Ebsco) Magazines and professional journals for teachers and educators.
- PsycArticles (Ebsco) Journal collection from the American Psychological Association, all in full-text and full-image (PDF).
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection Psychology journals from many publishers.
- PMC-Pubmed CentralBiomedical and life science full-text journal archive at the maintained by the National Institutes of Health.
Q (no databases)
- Regional Business News (Ebsco) Regional business newspapers from major metro areas and smaller cities, most are weekly publications.
- Religion and Philosophy (Ebsco) More than 300 full-text magazines and journals.
- Salem Press A collection of eBook titles from Salem Press covering: Literature, History, Forensic Science, and Health.
- Science and Technology Collection (Ebsco) Science and technology journals in full-text. Some journals are citations and summaries only.
- Science and Technology eBook Collection Offers more than 28,000 carefully curated ebooks spanning coverage in all science and technology topics with exceptional strength in computers and IT, engineering, life and physical sciences, and math. *Limit your search to English Language for more precise results.
- Science in Context (Gale) Is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. The solution merges Gale's authoritative and continuously updated reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
- SciTech Premium Collection Includes the Natural Science Collection and the Technology Collection and provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more. For those researchers who need to conduct comprehensive literature reviews, this database includes specialized, editorial-controlled A&I resources for discovery of relevant scholarly research and technical literature critical to the discipline.
- Serials Directory (Ebsco) Information about periodicals and serials currently or recently in publication.
- Short Story Index (Ebsco) Index of sources for short stories in book anthologies, magazines, and author short story collections.
- Small Business Reference Center (Ebsco) Magazines, journals and books for small business owners or the self-employed.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center (Ebsco) Magazines and books for those interested in repairing all types of small engines.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Historical Records) The Statistical Abstract series of U.S. compiled by government agencies, has statistics from 1789 to 2012.
- STAT!Ref (Teton Data) Current editions of 81 medical, nursing and drug reference books and texts in full-text format (mobile app available on opening screen).
- TeachingBooks.net Is an easy-to-use website that adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children's and young adult books. It includes thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books used in the
K–12 environment, with every resource selected to encourage the integration of multimedia author and book materials into reading and library activities.
- Texas Reference Center (Ebsco) Magazines, journals and reference articles for the study of Texas history.
- TOPICsearch (Ebsco) News sources for researching controversial topics.
U (no databases)
- Vocational and Career Collection (Ebsco) Magazines and trade journals about careers in various industries and job searching news.
- Wikipedia View the tutorial about the best use of Wikipedia at the college level.
- WorldCatCatalog of holdings from public, academic and governmental libraries worldwide. This information may be used to request books from other libraries. Use our Inter-Library Loan (ILL) form