How to "place a hold" on catalog items
- While using the Library Catalog, users can "place a hold" on a book that is currently checked out. When the book is returned, it is held at the Circulation desk until the user picks up the item or for one month. An estimated number of days for the item's return is indicated on the Item Information tab of the Catalog.
- While using the Library Catalog, if a book is shown to be available in one of the circulating locations (Stacks, Fun Reads, Career Center, Special Collections), "placing a hold" requests that staff bring the book to the Circulation desk hold location. Books located in Reference or Reserves may not be placed on hold.
- Books located in Lamar University's Mary and John Gray Library may be requested by filling out our Inter-library loan form. Use Catalog information to fill in the form, and allow 7 to 10 working days for the item to arrive here. Books in other libraries may be requested in the same way.
Steps to "placing a hold"
- While using the Library Catalog, looking at a list of hits, click the Details button to view the Item Information tab. In the box at left, click "Place Hold" highlighted in yellow below:
2. Login using your R800 number from your campus ID card. Password is your birthdate as MMDDYY. Click the Place Hold button.
3. Your confirmation screen appears. A book is normally on hold for two weeks.
If not successful: Ask for help at the Circulation desk or the help desk on 2nd floor. If off campus, call the desk at (409) 882-3982. Pick up your hold item at the Circulation desk.