The following list of databases all cover a broad range of topics and provide magazine, journal and newspaper articles from a huge number of sources, dating back twenty or thirty years, sometimes longer. See also the list of eBook and reference databases.
- Log in to databases using your NetID/password when off-campus. It will be the same user name and password that you use to log in to your LSC-O Blackboard account (netID@my.lsco.edu/password). Databases with the globe icon are freely available on the Web, no login required.
- Click the tutorial button to learn how to use the database when available. If needed, Adobe Flash is a free download.
- Database articles in PDF format require Acrobat Reader software, a free download.
- Academic Search Complete (Ebsco) Magazines and scholarly journals
- Business Source Complete (Ebsco) Business magazines, journals, and company information
- Flipster Browse popular magazines. Alsa available via the Flipster app in iOS and Android.
- JSTOR JSTOR is a multi-disciplinary database of scholarly journals. Topics range from the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
- Nexis Uni (Formerly LexisNexis) News magazines, legal information, business and company information
- MasterFILE Premier (Ebsco) Has more popular magazines but not as many scholarly journals when compared to Academic Search Complete.
- Military and Government Collection (Ebsco) Magazines and newspapers from military and government sources, with some reference-type articles.
- Newspaper Source (Ebsco) Newspapers from cities and towns, worldwide
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Gale) Current, controversial topics, with background reading, pro and con articles from books, magazines, newspapers, statistical sources and Web sites.
- TOPICsearch (Ebsco) Current, controversial topic articles from magazines and journals.
Check other database lists: